Pau Hana Celebration + Leading AEC Voices Forum
Join us with your beverage of choice for a live/virtual celebration of the inaugural PBX event, continuing the annual tradition of bringing together Hawaii’s construction and design – even if we can’t gather in person this year.
Sponsor recognition and Scavenger Hunt prize awards
Leading AEC Voices: Predicting What’s Ahead in an Unpredictable World
- Bettina Mehnert, AHL (Moderator)
- Catherine Camp, Central Pacific Bank
- Christine Camp, Avalon Development
- Mary K. Flood, D.R. Horton Hawaii
- Cheryl Walthall, General Contractors Association
In this difficult time, construction matters more than ever. From building temporary hospital emergency rooms to building much needed housing, the industry has played a critical role in responding to the coronavirus crisis and in the recovery. COVID-19 has had an effect on supply, demand and industry dynamics. Construction is typically much more volatile than the overall economy. Reduced economic activity results in less demand for new commercial or industrial facilities. An uncertain future dampens investment. What will our industry look like moving forward?
Don’t miss what promises to be an insightful and illuminating discussion of design, construction and development challenges and opportunities in our post-COVID world.
Among the provocative topics our panelists will address:
- How will the collaborative process of design adapt to a growing work-from-home workforce?
- With fewer cars on the road, especially during peak rush hours, what does the future of commuting look like for Rail and the transportation sector?
- How is the commercial real estate market being impacted, especially the hard-hit retail sector? Will these spaces evolve to meet new needs?
- What kinds of creative housing solutions might we see in the coming years?
- How do we see construction companies positioning themselves moving forward to respond to keeping jobsites safe from future epidemics, and keep trained workers in our state?
Have your own questions ready at the end of the forum for this distinguished panel of industry experts!
$149 on or before October 22, 2020
$199 Starting October 23, 2020